03 Jan 2024
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Research Fellow to join the Centre for Competition Policy.
Reporting to the Centre Director and working closely with the Director and Centre Manager, the CCP Research Fellow will support the Centre in both a co-ordination and a research capacity, to ensure the effective delivery of the Centre’s research strategy, including performing projects for the CCP, research liaison, dissemination, and independent research.
It is expected that your time will be split between Centre duties, including CCP project work (including research and UEA Consulting project writing and associated data/econometric/statistics work) and the securing of research or UEA Consulting awards and tenders, and independent research leading to publications of at least national quality, and with evidence of potential international quality.
You should have an interest in CCP’s research and hold a PhD in economics or a related subject that includes advanced skills in econometrics, data collection and processing, and demonstrable ability to produce publications of at least national quality, with evidence of potential international quality. You should also have demonstrable experience of research administration/co-ordination and management, ideally including the preparation of research bids.
This full-time post is available from 8 January 2024 on an indefinite basis.
- 44 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays and University Customary days.
- Family and Work-life balance policies including hybrid working and considerable maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption leave.
- Generous pension scheme with life cover for dependants, plus incapacity cover.
- Health and Wellbeing: discounted access to Sportspark facilities, relaxation rooms, 320 acres of rolling parkland, wellbeing walks, Wellbeing Ambassador network, medical centre, Occupational Health and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Campus Facilities: Sportspark, library, nursery, supermarket, post office, bars and catering outlets.
- Exclusive shopping discounts to help cut the cost of household bills, childcare salary sacrifice scheme, Cycle to Work scheme and public transport discounts.
- Personal Development: unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning courses, specialist advice and training from our Organisational Development and Professional Learning Team.
Closing date: 03 March 2024
The University holds an Athena Swan Silver Institutional Award in recognition of our advancement towards gender equality.
Starting salary from £44,737 per annum, dependant on skills and experience, with an annual increment up to £51,805 per annum.